Why yes, in fact I've been nominated for the Stylish Blogger Award not once, but twice! It is very, very awesome, and I am very, very honored. Since it's been like 43,874,308 years since I was actually nominated I absolutely must, must accept now that I feel I can fulfill the conditions of my acceptance.... kinda.
Now, on with the conditions!
1) Nominee is required to thank and acknowledge the blogger who nominated them. I personally don't believe a condition should be required since what kind of a person wouldn't thank and acknowledge someone who gives them a shiny award?!
Like I said I was nominated twice so a great big huge Thank you goes out to Sunny from Sunny Sings the Blues who was my first ever follower (excluding my Fiancé and my mother).
Umseti over at Stupid America also deserves a big thanks for nominating me and kicking my butt in to gear!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Condition # 2
Make a list of Seven things your readers may not know about you.
1. I'm terrible with money. It's really tragic. For some reason I feel like money is just dirty pieces of paper until you spend it on something. Money has no real value to me. This becomes kind of a problem with James because he likes to have a cushion of money, just in case. I feel like it's a total waste just sitting there not being used for anything. Don't get me wrong I'm super good a saving FOR something. As long as that goal is there... if it's just for the heck of it I can't do it.
2. Speaking of saving FOR something. James and I are maybe, hopefully, might be, if we can, buying a house in a few months. Maybe. So there is more money in my savings account right now than I have ever seen in their before. Ever. I'm also working two jobs so that money grows even more.
3. We have two smelly, drooly, droopy, hairy, loud Bassett Hounds named Walter and Harvey. They are amazing and fantastic and wonderful and totally and completely gross. If you don't completely love animals with all your heart and have the capacity to put up with lots of cleaning don't get Bassett Hounds. They are amazing with children, loyal to a fault, and very smart (as long as you have food).
4. I wish I were really good at something. I mean other than giving blow jobs. That really doesn't count now that I'm engaged. :/ No, I mean like painting, or drawing, or singing, or photography, or sports, or... something. I'm just not. My talent is being average at pretty much everything and being down right bad at everything else.
5. I love Audry Hepburn and if I could look like any other person in the whole world it would either be her or Rachel McAdams who is unbelievably gorgeous, cute, and beautiful all at the same time. I also love, Marlon Brando, Billy Joel, Amy Grant, George Carlin, and Rob Thomas. Love. Love. Love.
6. Someday I will have a 1968 Stingray Corvette that is T-top, candy apple red, and with white leather interior. Someday....
7. I also hope to someday move to Germany and teach English. I love it over there. That is where my family came from and I really adore the language and the people.
Alright! Now the third condition of accepting the award is to share it with other bloggers. Technically you are supposed to share it with 15 bloggers who are just starting out. Well, I believe I follow 15 bloggers but only about four of them are just starting out... Two of those already nominated me... hrmm. I think I'm just going to have to improvise a little bit.
Here are a few blogs I read that are newer to blogging:
I found Amanda of Fond of the Silliness over at Curvy Girl Guide a couple of days ago.
I actually found The View From Macy when she was also nominated by Sunny.
Now I feel so totally undeserving of this award because I can't name more than two 'new' blogs BUT I swear I'm going to update and post when I find more.
And here are a few blogs you may not be familiar with but they are hilarious, inspirational, and required reading for anyone who blogs.
Curvy Girl Guide is fantastic for us bigger girls who need a little advice or a pick me up every once in a while!
#FreeAnissa is hosted by an amazingly strong woman who is an inspiration to everyone who reads her.
Barefoot Foodie is unbelievable hilarious I almost pee my pants every time I read her writing.
I've been following the Parsley Thief for years for fantastic recipes.
I've been following Nobel Pig even longer for fantastic recipes.